- Access your server through FTP or Local Server.
- Access wp-content folder
- Click on themes folder
- You will get two or three themes already inside the folder. Just copy the suitable one [twentyten ], which will fit with your design and paste it in the same themes folder. Rename the recent created folder "twentyten - Copy" to website name or any suitable name which will help you to find out after few months or years to customize it again. I have renamed the folder to "customtheme".
- Click on "customtheme" folder and replace the screenshot.png with your website/layout homepage.
- Find out the style.css from the same folder and open it in text pad or text editor. Let’s start to change some information to make it your custom theme.
- Theme Name: Add your project name/ custom theme name.
- Theme URL:
- Description: Add few descriptions about the theme and uses.
- Author: Add author name
- Now access the admin panel [Here it will be www.siteurl.com/wp-admin/] and click on Appearance from the left panel. > Click on themes > You will get your custom theme available here with the homepage screenshot and description. Click on Activate link to activate your first WordPress theme.
- Now again start to change on the style sheet to make it like the Homepage design and may be you need to edit some files, like header.php, footer.php, page.php etc.
- The custom theme is ready.
learn web design and development ( IT'S FREE! )Get everything from learning to earning online.
Receive Quality Tutorials Straight in your Inbox by submitting your Email ID.
Ad goes here