If you wish to use custom domain then you have to purchase custom domain from hosting service provider. Just google it and choose your best options.
Why Custom domain?We all need money to fulfill our basic needs and if you can earn money from your blog then it’s one of the easiest and best options for you. The google will accept your site for AdSense if you have the custom domain so you can understand how it’s important. You may think that you will purchase custom domain once successfully posted few topics, but I will recommend to start with custom domain to avoid SEO issue for URL building.
Setup your custom domain:Once you have the custom domain, please see the following steps.
- Logged in blogger account
- Click on basics from settings tab, from publishing section click on add a custom domain.
- Add your purchased domain with www.yourpurchaseddomain.com and save it from save button.
- After saving it, you should get error on CNAMEs. Each CNAME is composed of two parts - Name, Label or Host and Destination. The first CNAME is the same for everyone, Name being "www" and Destination "ghs.google.com." The second CNAME is particular to your blog and your Google Account, and is therefore different for each person.
- After that access your domain service provider site and access cpanel to locate DNS settings.
- Now enter the CNAMEs. Where it says Name, Label or Host simply enter "www" and list ghs.google.com as the Destination, Target or Points to. Enter second CNAME as above.
- Enter A-Records too to avoid getting error when peoples use your domain without the ‘www’.
- You need to create four separate A-records which point to four different Google IPs.
- Wait for an hour to activate DNS settings and after activated it, go to settings tab and add custom domain and be patient as it might take up to 24 hours. That’s it.
For more, please use link below.